We got in yesterday morning with out any problems on our flights. Minus a two hour meltdown on the last leg of our flight to Rome, Ian has been stellar. We have carted him all around for the past two days with nary a peep. What a guy. Since I have never been here before and have heard some negative things about Rome, I was little anxious to see for myself how things would pan out. So far, so good. We have had a five separate people help us out, whether it was getting Ian down the stairs with our luggage in tow, or help finding our B&B (yes, we got lost even with directions), I have to say that the locals have been exceptional. Today, we got a late start and headed to the Colloseum. It is a skeleton of its former self, but still impresive to the least. To top it off, I think I took around 50 pictures of the place, so there might be a good shot in there. After that, we then ventured over to the Roman Forum and I proceded to take another 100 pictures there. I am clearly losing my mind, but in a good way. Ancient Rome will do that to you, I tell ya. The weather has been scorching hot, around 95 degrees, so that has been the only negative so far. Tomorrow we are heading out to see the Vatican City, Sistine Chappel, and maybe the Spanish steps and Trevi Fountain. It still feels a bit surreal that we are here, but I am so glad that we are! Ciao.

0 comments: