Did anyone happen to watch game 2 tonight in Boston? Let me start off by saying that Boston played a great game. They were the aggressors and ultimately won a surprisingly close game at the end. I am really disgusted at the officiating, though. You never want to blame the outcome of a game on the officials, but the calls were so blatantly one-sided in the first half, that you really had to wonder if any of them had an over/under on the game. I mean, how good can Powe really be, right? The numbers don't lie -- 15-1 in favor of the Celtics just in the first quarter. Are you kidding me? Mr. Stern, if I were you, I would do your job and make sure the guys officiating the game aren't also the players of the game. *Sigh* Hopefully with the series shifting to LA, the calls will bounce the Lakers way in game 3. Don't worry, I won't hold my breath on that one.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Yes, watched the game and quite happy with the outcome. I live in a "Go Celtics!" house as long as Doug or his cousins aren't around. So happy you two are here and I hope you can make it to Clatskanie on July 5th for the Fireworks party at Doug's house. Also the nice thing about getting lost in Portland is that the town is so beautiful you don't really mind. Can't wait to spend some time with you both and get to know Carly better.

    Jamie

  2. El Duderino said...

    Jamie -- The Celtics?!? Yeah, we are looking forward to seeing you guys on the 4th/5th?

  3. Portland Dad said...

    The officating in the first half was terrible but the so was the Lakers team. They played soft and got out worked. The offensive rebounds hurt, the not guarding the perimeter hurt, and the beating that Kobe took hurt. If they are going to get those fouls called then they need to get their money's worth. Stop half-assing it and knock someone on the ground.